Monday, April 26, 2010

Is it normal for the skin to feel sensitive and uncomfortable during weight loss?

In January, I got into a routine of eating properly and exercising extensively. Since the first of the year, I%26#039;ve lost 12 pounds of fat, and I%26#039;ve noticed a significant improvement around my abdomen and sides.





However, in those same areas, I have a strange, uncomfortable sensation, almost like a friction burn. Is that normal during weight loss? If so, is there anything I can do to get rid of the feeling? It%26#039;s not terrible or anything, just irritating, and I don%26#039;t really want to put up with it for 30-40 more pounds.|||Suggestion: Increase your WATER intake. Not fluid intake, by that I mean just water without any additives. When on a diet, I experienced the same thing. The build up of %26quot;poisons%26quot; in the system can act like acid in the skin. Even the elastic in my waist bands began to irritate my skin.|||12 pounds of fat in one month is a little higher than average. Maybe your body is just trying to adjust. If, by any chance you%26#039;re taking weight loss supplements, stop taking them, but if not, then it%26#039;s probably just your skin adjusting to it%26#039;s new size.

No comments:

Post a Comment