Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is good for dry skin that is hypo allergenic?

I have allergies to almost all soaps. I use a mild one now but it makes me itch. I have to be careful with the type of c4reams as well for the same reason. I get real dry skin this time of year what can I use that will be ok?|||my dermatologist recommended AVEENO lotion to me, i love it. the oatmeal baths they have are also great. you can get Aveeno anywhere,like target.|||I use the aveeno as well....I have very sensitive skin and eczema and this helps :)





My 3 month old has winter dry skin and I use it on her too...it doesn%26#039;t bother her at all.|||Hypoallergenic cosmetics are products that manufacturers claim produce fewer allergic reactions than other cosmetic products. Consumers with hypersensitive skin, and even those with %26quot;normal%26quot; skin, may be led to believe that these products will be gentler to their skin than non-hypoallergenic cosmetics.





There are no Federal standards or definitions that govern the use of the term %26quot;hypoallergenic.%26quot; The term means whatever a particular company wants it to mean. Manufacturers of cosmetics labeled as hypoallergenic are not required to submit substantiation of their hypoallergenicity claims to FDA.





The term %26quot;hypoallergenic%26quot; may have considerable market value in promoting cosmetic products to consumers on a retail basis, but dermatologists say it has very little meaning.


--------------------------------------鈥?br>

I have horribly sensitive skin, and allergies to too many things to mention - but after years of experimentation I have settledon the most naturalproducts I can find. Here%26#039;smy list:





Face-wash = http://www.academyhealth.com/aapdualclea鈥?/a>


I use it once a day in the evening and it%26#039;s so gentle that it doesn%26#039;t even sting when I get it in my eyes.


Facial Moisturiser = http://www.rosacea-remedy.com/


I use this just before I go to bed and just rinse off with lukewarm water in the morning ... a little goes a long way because it hasn%26#039;t been diluted. I found if I wash more than once a day my skin doesn%26#039;t like it.


Body Wash = http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/briti鈥?/a>


Very gentle, non drying, and rinses off easily so I don%26#039;t get out of the shower itching like mad.


Body moisturiser = http://www.rosacea-remedy.com/


I mix a small bottle of that with grapeseed oil and apply it while my skin is still damp all over.





So, after years and years of wasting money on products that either give me spots, make me itch, or sting .... I%26#039;m sticking with all the above. Woe betide if any of them go out of production!!!





Good luck :)|||yeah aveeno is very good u can also try dove bodysilk.


if u want something herbal then 1tsp of yougart , honey, n rose water 1tsp make a paste n apply leave for 10 minutes then rinse .


i also ve terrible dry skin n it works for me.


gud luck|||True Blue Spa - mega butter (four buter, body butter) This is the most wonderful, lightly whipped cream that works as a moisterizer on my sensitive skin. I have never broke out from using it nor have any red marks or itching from it. This cream has four butters in it, Shea butter, Mango butter, Aloe butter and Avocado butter. Prior to using this I used Shea butter which I love as well but it%26#039;s a thicker cream where this is nice and light. Try it, you%26#039;ll love it.|||I%26#039;m also allergic to most skin products. To this day, I can%26#039;t find a lotion/hand cream that doesn%26#039;t cause me to break out in hives.


So, I looked into some alternative things. I%26#039;ve found that olive oil works amazingly well. Just plan olive oil that you would use to cook with. It can be a little sticky at first, until you figure out how much you need to put on your hands, but I swear by it.


Some of my friends use petroleum jelly, and like that.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment