Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What is the difference between the TYR Fusion leg skin and the FSII leg skin?

My friends and I are getting ready for a big meet and we all want to get cheap but good leg suits. My friend found the TYR fusion for cheap but we were wondering if there was any difference between the TYR and the FSII. Because most of the material is the same but the FSII is way more expensive.|||Really, they are basically the same thing. I%26#039;ve always gone with the FS II legskin because, well, it%26#039;s what i%26#039;ve always gone with. But realistically, just go with whichever you can find cheaper. Remember, shaving your arms/back/legs is more important than a faster suit. And also - even if you have a legskin on, you should still shave your legs. Hairs are able to poke through the suit.





But yeah, they%26#039;re really the same thing. I just go with the FS II because I know what to expect. I%26#039;m sure if I had tried the TYR fusion first I%26#039;d be saying the same thing about that.|||The material isn%26#039;t the same for those suits-- the FSII is 81% nylon and 19% lycra while the TYR Fusion 2 is 71% polyester and 21% lycra. In my experience, the FSII is a really good suit... I wore one to my biggest meet and my sis wore one when she went to the US Open. Neither of them are bad suits, I suppose... but you do get what you pay for. Personally, I%26#039;ve never been fond of TYR suits, since I%26#039;ve found that they wear out quickly and the Speedos are more durable, but if you%26#039;re on a budget the TYR might be the way for you to go. I also was never fond of the leg suits, too... but I was a breaststroker mostly, so they were never good for me. :]|||Unless you are in the Olympic Trials, the full body suits are a waste of your money. Just go with what you have, save money for gas, other clothes and McDonalds. Swim hard and fast like you do any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment