Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do i stop the skin on my finger tips from peeling?

Ever since about first grade, the skin on my fingertips would peel. Back then (that was about 9 years ago), I%26#039;m not sure how often it got like that but the past few years I%26#039;ve noticed that it starts to peel around this time of year. It doesn%26#039;t help that I peel the skin off out of habit sometimes weather I%26#039;m aware of it or not, and that just makes it hurt because the skin underneath is all raw.


Last year the problem eventually went away after a few months but its back again and I want it to go away now..


I use moisturizer a lot when I can but it still peels.


What do you think causes it? I don%26#039;t really use drying soaps or do things to irritate my skin.


And what can I do to help it?|||I have this too. I went to a Dr. and he says there is usually no specific cause for dry peeling skin. Don%26#039;t wash your hands too often or use harsh solvents. Also, I found there are many good moisturizers, such as petroleum jelly, aquaphor ointment, Eucerin cream, and Bag Balm. Use one of these before you go to sleep and put on a pair of cotton hand gloves. That seems to help me.|||Try not to use antibacterial soaps or that instant sanitizer. Also try the unscented curel lotion. Right now the bottle I have is called Continuous Comfort. You know how that goes they will change the name soon. It is not oily and it stays on when you wash your hands.|||Sounds like it might be a slight case of eczema, I would suggest going to a dermatologist. I have really sensitive skin and when I was pregnant with both my kids it really kicked in. You might try a product called %26quot;Eucerin%26quot;, a lotion you can buy over the counter, it%26#039;s a little pricey, but worth it. Also, my mother always encouraged me to put Vaseline on my hands at night and then put on white cotton gloves while I was sleeping, this also seemed to help immensely and it was much more cost efficient. A lot of things can irritate the skin, raw meat, dust, smoke, things of that nature. I sure hope this helps, my skin would crack and peel and it was very uncomfortable. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment