Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the best way to get the chlorine out of your skin and hair after a swim?

I feel like I can still smell the chlorine on my skin 2 days later despite soap, showers, lotion. Is there any trick that any experienced swimmers can recommend?|||I use a shampoo and conditioner called UltraSwim, and it works great for me, at least for my hair....|||I grew up swimming and I always had the chlorine stinch on me. Part of the problem is that the chlorine would seep into my pores. I wasn%26#039;t a big fan of some of the chlorine shampoos because I thought it stripped my hair of the moisture that I had left in it. If you insist, I think Paul Mitchell has the best chlorine shampooes. I would follow it up with a nice conditioner such as Biolage Conditioning Balm.





In addition, everyone in a while (about once a month) I would pore tomatoe juice on my hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing out. It kinda smelled bad at the time, but it did neutralize the chlorine shampoo plus it did strip the chlorine out. No worries because it won%26#039;t even stain the blondest hair (I should know!)


Best of Luck|||Showering usually takes care of it, but I say, embrace the smell! I love the smell of chlorine. I swim, and I really love it when I smell like chlorine. It is so clean smelling!|||taking a shower using dove bar soap and using pantene pro-v in ur hair!!|||Chlorine is present in tap water so even when you take a shower to wash away the pool chlorine, you%26#039;re showering in chlorine. So don%26#039;t fall for the expensive shampoo stuff.





The only really bad odor that bothered me was/is what I call %26quot;foot funk%26quot; and the only thing that seems to alleviate the stench is very strong commerically sold eucalyptus shampoo/bodywash.|||try a shower|||Chlorine is extremly water soluble. A simple rinse in the shower will actually get rid of it. Its most effective when using hot or warm water. Do that for two miniuts before using sope as sope will only make Chlorine less water soluble|||try buying a shampoo made especially for swimmers that gets rid of the chlorine. i hardly doubt that the smell is still there after 2 days. i dont think it lasts that long.....

No comments:

Post a Comment